Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
Release Date: Summer 2009
Running Time: Unknown
Director: Anno Hideaki
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance is the second installment of the Rebuild of Evangelion tetralogy, a theatrical remake of the original animated television series Neon Genesis Evangelion. The film is still in production and is scheduled for release Summer 2009.
News and Tidbits
This film is still in production, so very little conclusive information is available. The following can be seen in the trailer included at the end of the first film.
- The launch of the provisional Unit-05.
- The adoption of Unit-02 and its pilot Asuka. This is shown in an air-drop sequence.
- The disappearance of Unit-04.
- The forced activation testing of Unit-03. Sequences featuring Unit-03 as Bardiel.
- A newly-designed Unit-06 and its unnamed pilot fly down from the Moon.
- Ghostly floating humanoid entities as yet unidentified in the series, with haloes over their heads, along with the words 'Adams' and 'Lilin+?' flashing between them.
- Kaji briefly appears.
- A sequence between Misato and Ritsuko from the battle with Leliel.
- Asuka will be featured in this part. Scene is from when she fights Zeruel in front of the Geofront in the original series.
- A sequence featuring Shinji from the battle with Zeruel, suggesting that the film will lead all the way to or past the events of episode 19 of the original series.
- A sequence featuring Kaworu.
- A newly introduced female character with brown hair and glasses, looking up at crosses of light in the sky.
- Misato's narration finishes the trailer with her frequent sign-off phrase from the TV previews, promising 'and of course, more fanservice!'
Where to Buy
- Not yet available in North America